Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Here goes something...

Well, I decided to go ahead and jump in. I am officially joining the bloggosphere. I don't even know my way around yet, and I'm already setting up residence? I'm waiting for someone to tell me, "you're doing it all wrong!" but in the meantime...I'm just gonna fake it 'till I make it.

One of the things I enjoy so much about the blogs I frequent is the creative titles, descriptions and pictures you all have come up with. Since I am big on always having a "theme" and an "image" in things I do, picking my title, etc. was a big decision for me. (Oh, and it might change without notice if I get tired of the current theme). So...I decided to use my leadership theme for this year. I was inspired by a song by Natalie Grant as I was preparing for a meeting with the small group leaders I coach for "Connections" (a women's group at CCC). The song, What are You Waiting For spreads the message that we need to be the change we want to see in the world, stepping out for what we believe in and not waiting for the "right time"...just doing whatever it is we feel God is leading us to do...now. It seemed to be just the right goal for a group of leaders ready to impact women for Jesus...so we made it our team's mission. Changing the World. One woman at a time.
I love coaching other leaders. God has given me a gift and a passion for leadership...and He provides me with inspiration and wisdom from others to complete the mission He has me on.
I hope this blog serves as a tool for my leaders to also be inspired..and to share their thoughts and experiences in the journey of being a leader who follows Christ.
So thanks for letting me hang out here with all of you! Sue and Laura, how about joining me...what are you waiting for? ;)

4 comments:

Dave Ferguson said...

Suzie,

It's an honor to leave the first comment and welcome you to the blogosphere!

Dave

Suzie Reeves said...

see, I already did something wrong! next time I will spell "blogosphere" correctly :)
Seriously though, thanks Dave for supporting me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzie! Awesome! I will be reading! How does Dave get a pic of himself in there and why? Like we don't know who he is - Ha Ha. You have to give him a hard time about that.

Anonymous said...

Nice start Suzie. Let me just tell you as a spouse of a blogger that this will become an addiction, so get ready to join a support group. :-)

Sue